The song, the vibe, the colors, the prints, the Sapeurs. All of it good. We’re still obsessed with Solange Knowles’ Losing You video. She was inspired by the work of Brooklyn-based artist Mickalene Thomas and even shot her teaser video at Thomas’ studio. Step further into the bodaciously wild prints and color (with rhinestones!) of Thomas’ work right now at the Brooklyn Museum and Lehmann Maupin gallery.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: What I Love About Movies Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Culture To Do: Larry David’s Fish In the Dark Fri, Feb 6, 2015
- Culture To Do: Vik Muniz at Ben Brown Fine Arts in Hong Kong Mon, Feb 2, 2015
- Culture To Read: Nick Hornby’s Funny Girl Sat, Jan 31, 2015