The song, the vibe, the colors, the prints, the Sapeurs. All of it good. We’re still obsessed with Solange Knowles’ Losing You video. She was inspired by the work of Brooklyn-based artist Mickalene Thomas and even shot her teaser video at Thomas’ studio. Step further into the bodaciously wild prints and color (with rhinestones!) of Thomas’ work right now at the Brooklyn Museum and Lehmann Maupin gallery.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: Linda Rottenberg’s Crazy is a Compliment Sun, Sep 21, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Libra Sat, Sep 20, 2014
- Culture To Read: Keith Richards’ Gus & Me Wed, Sep 17, 2014
- Culture To Do: Peter Lindbergh at Gagosian Gallery Sun, Sep 14, 2014
- Culture To Read: Claiborne Swanson Frank’s Young Hollywood Mon, Sep 1, 2014