The song, the vibe, the colors, the prints, the Sapeurs. All of it good. We’re still obsessed with Solange Knowles’ Losing You video. She was inspired by the work of Brooklyn-based artist Mickalene Thomas and even shot her teaser video at Thomas’ studio. Step further into the bodaciously wild prints and color (with rhinestones!) of Thomas’ work right now at the Brooklyn Museum and Lehmann Maupin gallery.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: Veronica Kavass’ Artists in Love Sun, Mar 29, 2015
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Aries Fri, Mar 27, 2015
- Culture Spotlight On: Spring Beach Reads Sun, Mar 22, 2015
- Culture To Read: Thomas Campbell’s Seeing Fatima’s Eyes Thu, Mar 19, 2015
- Culture To Do: Art Basel Hong Kong Sun, Mar 15, 2015