The song, the vibe, the colors, the prints, the Sapeurs. All of it good. We’re still obsessed with Solange Knowles’ Losing You video. She was inspired by the work of Brooklyn-based artist Mickalene Thomas and even shot her teaser video at Thomas’ studio. Step further into the bodaciously wild prints and color (with rhinestones!) of Thomas’ work right now at the Brooklyn Museum and Lehmann Maupin gallery.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Mother’s Day Entrepreneurs: Baby2Baby’s Kelly Sawyer Patricof & Norah Weinstein Sun, May 3, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Photographer & DJ Brooke Williams on Raising a Future Jedi Master Sat, May 2, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Editors’ Wish List, The Book Edition Sat, May 2, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Tastemakers on Mom’s Best Advice Fri, May 1, 2015
- Culture Did You Know? The New Whitney Museum Thu, Apr 30, 2015