We’re putting a new spin on pinning (and repinning). Every model from our Fall 2012 runway show wore our new jeweled floral hair clips in their undone-yet-sophisticated updos — and it’s a look you can easily do yourself.
First, prep with texturing spray, then blast with hairspray. Grab hair into a low ponytail, twist and pin up into a loose bun or chignon. Keep some strays — it’s part of the charm.
The finishing touch? Our vintage-inspired ladylike clips, whether you scatter multiple or just one. “Place randomly,” advises Eugene Souleiman, our hairstyling maestro. “It’s not wedding hair.”
More to explore in Beauty
- Style 11.28.16 Looking Great: Models Emma Pei & Tian Yi
- Beauty 9.14.16 Spring/Summer 2017: Backstage Hair
- Beauty 9.14.16 Spring/Summer 2017: Backstage Beauty
- Beauty 5.10.16 Expert Guide: Drs. Elizabeth K. Hale & Julie K. Karen on Skincare 101
- Beauty 3.10.16 Spotlight On: Beauty Editor Napassorn “Momay” Buranasiri