We’re putting a new spin on pinning (and repinning). Every model from our Fall 2012 runway show wore our new jeweled floral hair clips in their undone-yet-sophisticated updos — and it’s a look you can easily do yourself.
First, prep with texturing spray, then blast with hairspray. Grab hair into a low ponytail, twist and pin up into a loose bun or chignon. Keep some strays — it’s part of the charm.
The finishing touch? Our vintage-inspired ladylike clips, whether you scatter multiple or just one. “Place randomly,” advises Eugene Souleiman, our hairstyling maestro. “It’s not wedding hair.”
More to explore in Beauty
- Beauty Expert Guide: Alexandra Wilkis Wilson’s Beauty Tips Mon, Oct 13, 2014
- Beauty Spring 2015: Backstage Beauty & Hair Fri, Sep 12, 2014
- Beauty Mentorship: DooBop’s Benjamin Bernet & Jodie Patterson Thu, Aug 21, 2014
- Beauty Expert Guide: Yahoo’s Britt Aboutaleb on Beach Beauty Wed, Aug 13, 2014
- Beauty Beauty Tip: Cover Art Fri, Jul 25, 2014