The Jo de Mer designer is a bit of an expert on Brazilian beaches and São Paulo style.
Three reasons São Paulo is like no other city…
Good food, good friends and home!
Signature São Paulo style is…
Modern with a Latin twist.
The best time to visit is…
May. No rain and not too busy.
Second favorite Brazilian city…
Rio de Janeiro!
What inspired Jo de Mer?
The need for comfortable bikinis that can still be sensual.
The key to finding the perfect bikini is in the…
Fit always comes first in beachwear!
What is the most universally-flattering swim silhouette?
A black basic bikini. Always carry one in your suitcase.
Which is your favorite: bikini or one-piece?
Bikini to start the day. Maillot to end.
What’s always in your beach bag?
Sunscreen and hair oils.
Favorite Brazilian beaches?
Ipanema, Trancoso and Angra dos Reis.
More to explore in Travel
- Culture 12.7.17 Art & Design Issue: Spotlight on Faena District
- Travel 12.6.17 Art & Design Issue: To Visit, Miami’s Nobu Eden Roc
- Travel 11.30.17 Tastemakers: Alexis Swanson Traina, Thomas Keller & Ken Fulk on the Holidays in Napa
- Travel 11.9.17 Entrepreneur Issue: Hotelier Marie-Louise Sciò on Running Your Own Company
- Travel 10.26.17 To Visit: Scotland’s Gleneagles Hotel