Artist Julian Opie is putting a whole new spin on the term “window dressing.” You can check out his current exhibit at Manhattan’s National Academy Museum & School just by rounding the corner of Fifth Avenue and 89th Street. No entrance necessary. A few selects from his famous Walking Series videos — where tech meets classic figure drawing meets everyday traffic sign — are on display in the museum’s windows. Not in New York? Watch one of his films above.
Verity Walking in Dress (2), 2011 by Julian Opie
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.21.17 Tappan Collective’s Chelsea Neman On: Top Six Artists to Watch in 2017
- Culture 1.21.17 What’s Your Sign? Aquarius
- Culture 1.20.17 To Read: Marlon James’ A Brief History of Seven Killings
- Culture 1.16.17 Spotlight On: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Culture 1.14.17 Spotlight On: Herewith Magazine & EIC Megan Villa