Artist Julian Opie is putting a whole new spin on the term “window dressing.” You can check out his current exhibit at Manhattan’s National Academy Museum & School just by rounding the corner of Fifth Avenue and 89th Street. No entrance necessary. A few selects from his famous Walking Series videos — where tech meets classic figure drawing meets everyday traffic sign — are on display in the museum’s windows. Not in New York? Watch one of his films above.
Verity Walking in Dress (2), 2011 by Julian Opie
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Book of the Week: Claiborne Swanson Frank’s Young Hollywood Mon, Sep 1, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Nancy Meyers’ The Intern Sun, Aug 24, 2014
- Culture Mentorship: Every Mother Counts’ Clancy McCarty Wed, Aug 20, 2014
- Culture Mentorship: Gagosian Gallery’s Christine Erpf Wed, Aug 20, 2014
- Culture Tory On: Mentorship Tue, Aug 19, 2014