Artist Julian Opie is putting a whole new spin on the term “window dressing.” You can check out his current exhibit at Manhattan’s National Academy Museum & School just by rounding the corner of Fifth Avenue and 89th Street. No entrance necessary. A few selects from his famous Walking Series videos — where tech meets classic figure drawing meets everyday traffic sign — are on display in the museum’s windows. Not in New York? Watch one of his films above.
Verity Walking in Dress (2), 2011 by Julian Opie
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.11.17 Embrace Ambition: Entrepreneur Spotlight on Juliette Longuet
- Culture 3.11.17 Embrace Ambition: The Tomorrows’ Ally Lewis & Louise Denny
- Culture 3.8.17 Embrace Ambition: Advice from Tastemakers
- Culture 3.7.17 Embrace Ambition: The Video
- Culture 3.7.17 Embrace Ambition: Tory on Being Ambitious