Things aren’t always as they seem. It’s a statement that applies to artist Peter Doig in more ways than one. For starters, although he was born in Edinburgh and went to school at London’s famed Central Saint Martins, you can’t exactly brand him a UK artist; he grew up in Trinidad and Canada, and now calls the former home. His artwork is similarly hard to pin down and reads part dreamscape, part photo and film scene. Judge for yourself at his new solo exhibit at Michael Werner’s London gallery, which is open through December 22nd.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: Richard Diebenkorn Thu, May 21, 2015
- Culture To See: Niki de Saint Phalle at Guggenheim Bilbao Mon, May 18, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Cannes 2015 Sat, May 16, 2015
- Culture Insider’s Guide: Bettina Prentice’s Frieze NY Thu, May 14, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Teresita Fernández’s Madison Square Park Takeover Mon, May 11, 2015