Things aren’t always as they seem. It’s a statement that applies to artist Peter Doig in more ways than one. For starters, although he was born in Edinburgh and went to school at London’s famed Central Saint Martins, you can’t exactly brand him a UK artist; he grew up in Trinidad and Canada, and now calls the former home. His artwork is similarly hard to pin down and reads part dreamscape, part photo and film scene. Judge for yourself at his new solo exhibit at Michael Werner’s London gallery, which is open through December 22nd.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: Nancy Meyer’s The Intern Sun, Aug 24, 2014
- Culture Mentorship: Every Mother Counts’ Clancy McCarty Wed, Aug 20, 2014
- Culture Mentorship: Gagosian Gallery’s Christine Erpf Wed, Aug 20, 2014
- Culture Tory On: Mentorship Tue, Aug 19, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Virgo Sat, Aug 16, 2014