Explore the world of Swiss-German artist Dieter Roth from a unique vantage point: through private diaries and video recordings made during the final year of his life, now on display at Edinburgh’s Fruitmarket Gallery through October 14. There is something incredibly inspiring and poignant about the mundane details he shares, from grocery store receipts and daily to-do lists to videos of himself eating, showering, reading and creating art. It’s the ultimate portrait, not only of an artist but also of life and death.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Meet the Artist: Donald Robertson Wed, Dec 11, 2013
- Culture Word of Mouth: TBF & Women Rule Sat, Dec 7, 2013
- Culture Tastemakers: The de Purys on Art Basel & Gifts for the Art Lover Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Quote of the Day: Nelson Mandela Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Book of the Week: Jane & Serge. A Family Album Thu, Dec 5, 2013