The Percival designer on all things British, from London style to his MI6 genes.
British style is…
Defined by London (though it probably isn’t representative of the UK). London style can be innovative, proactive and can set trends for the world to follow.
The chicest Brit of all time…
Michael Caine, circa Alfie/The Italian Job — his Cockney swagger and effortless sartorial style embody what most men should aspire to. Also, my granddad, who was a spy for MI6 during WWII and the Cold War. In every picture he had a cigar, silk scarf and tweed jacket.
The movies that show British style at its best…
From Russia with Love, The Heroes of Telemark and A Single Man.
Percival is inspired by…
Pictures of our childhood and what we wore as children. Wool and woven textiles from the British Isles. Our reinterpretation of classic styles.
When packing for a trip to London, don’t forget…
A lightweight rain mac and some brogues.
More to explore in Style
- Style Day in the Life: Marie Claire’s Jessica Minkoff Wed, Jul 30, 2014
- Style Most Wanted: Fitbit Flex Tue, Jul 15, 2014
- Style Just One Thing: The Printed Scarf Tue, Jul 15, 2014
- Beauty Rachel Antonoff On: Scents & Silliness Fri, Jul 11, 2014
- Style Double Take: Pamela Skaist-Levy & Gela Nash-Taylor Sat, Jul 5, 2014