The Darby’s Watermelon Cocktail
6-8 mint leaves
1.5 oz. Grey Goose vodka
.75 oz. simple syrup
1 oz. lime juice
Combine all ingredients and shake vigorously with ice. Strain into a high ball glass over three watermelon-purée ice cubes.
To make watermelon ice cubes, use seedless watermelon and separate the flesh from the rind. Then purée the fruit and pour into ice trays. You can smash the fruit into the ice cube trays as well. Freeze until ready.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Tastemaker: Alexa Hirschfeld on the Art of the Holiday Card Wed, Dec 11, 2013
- Entertaining Expert Guide: The Perfect Holiday Party Mon, Dec 9, 2013
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Thanksgiving Dinner Wed, Nov 27, 2013
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: A Thanksgiving Arrangement Wed, Nov 27, 2013
- Entertaining Kevin West On: Pumpkin Butter & Thanksgiving Prep Mon, Nov 25, 2013