A: I can’t wait for the Olympics! My boys and I are big fans — we like the track and field events, tennis and soccer. There must be an amazing energy in London right now — it’s one of my favorite cities. It has incredible museums and galleries — what could be more British than Damien Hirst’s show right now at the Tate Modern or cooler than Herzog & de Meuron’s outdoor exhibit at the Serpentine? If you want to shop, Rei Kawakubo’s Dover Street Market has so many great designers in one place…which might offer a little calm from the Olympic crowds. There are so many places to eat no matter what you like (I love the sushi at Yauatcha and oysters at J. Sheekey). Have fun! — Tory
See more on where to stay, eat, shop and what to see in Tory’s London City Guides.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel Spotlight On: Martina Mondadori Sartogo’s TB Milan Party (and City Guide) Wed, Jan 28, 2015
- Travel Getaway: Jewelry Designer Tracy Palac Duñgo’s Hawaii Sun, Jan 18, 2015
- Travel Insider’s Guide: Journalist Blue Carreon on Top Southeast Asia Destinations Sat, Jan 17, 2015
- Travel Getaway: Style.com Editor Sofia Guellaty’s Tanzania & Zanzibar Fri, Jan 16, 2015
- Travel Jewelry Designer Carolyn Roumeguere On: Bijoux & A Kenyan Youth Thu, Jan 15, 2015