Ann, then a PE teacher, was a favorite going into the 400 a few days earlier, but nabbed the silver. Disheartened, she planned to skip the 800 in favor of some retail therapy. But when her fiancé, Robbie Brightwell, placed fourth in his own races, she felt motivated to compete…and win.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 4.17.18 What’s Your Sign? Taurus
- Culture 4.9.18 Getaway Issue: To Do, Antonio Lopez at Danziger Gallery
- Culture 3.28.18 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.28.18 Spring 2018: To Read, An Atlas of Rare & Familiar Colour
- Culture 3.22.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Jazmin Grace Grimaldi & Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles