Ann, then a PE teacher, was a favorite going into the 400 a few days earlier, but nabbed the silver. Disheartened, she planned to skip the 800 in favor of some retail therapy. But when her fiancé, Robbie Brightwell, placed fourth in his own races, she felt motivated to compete…and win.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: TBF & Women Rule Sat, Dec 7, 2013
- Culture Tastemakers: The de Purys on Art Basel & Gifts for the Art Lover Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Quote of the Day: Nelson Mandela Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Book of the Week: Jane & Serge. A Family Album Thu, Dec 5, 2013
- Culture Word of Mouth: A Generation Born Free Mon, Nov 25, 2013