Kate and Laura Mulleavy are passionate about a lot of things — fashion, art and classic lit.
- Book you wish you could read for the first time again?
- Favorite book to give as a gift…
Kate and Laura: Vintage books on Picasso
- Book you’re reading now…
Kate: I’m re-reading To Kill a Mockingbird.
Laura: Seeing is Forgetting the Name of the Thing One Sees Expanded Edition,
Over Thirty Years of Conversations with Robert Irwin
- What do you collect?
Laura: Rocks from the desert (my favorites are dusty lavender,
aqua, powder pink, and speckled gold and black).
- Who or what is inspiring you right now?
Laura: The Badlands in North and South Dakota.
Kate: George Romero.
- If you owned one piece of art, it would be…
Laura: Jay de Feo’s The Rose.
Kate: Walter De Maria’s Lightning Field.
- Best advice you ever received…
Kate and Laura: To keep what we do personal.
- The key to great style is…
Kate and Laura: Not over thinking it.
See all our tastemakers’ book suggestions from seasons past and present here.
More to explore in Style
- Style Most Wanted: Fitbit Flex Tue, Jul 15, 2014
- Style Just One Thing: The Printed Scarf Tue, Jul 15, 2014
- Beauty Rachel Antonoff On: Scents & Silliness Fri, Jul 11, 2014
- Style Double Take: Pamela Skaist-Levy & Gela Nash-Taylor Sat, Jul 5, 2014
- Style Editors’ Style Tip: Getaway Packing Thu, Jul 3, 2014