Something Navy blogger Arielle Nachmani extolls the virtues of her namesake hue.
I love navy because… it’s the understated black. It’s as classic and as neutral as white, beige, gray and black. Plus, I have a weird belief that when you wear dark colors, like black, navy or hunter green, it makes your hair look longer. Weird, I know.
I wear navy with… black, white, beige, gray, hunter green, pink, red, orange…the list can go on forever!
In this photo I am wearing… Tory’s Beverly suit with a Topshop T-shirt, Ray-Ban aviators, Prada belt and Proenza Schouler pumps.
Navy works any time of year because… it goes with almost anything, from denim cut-off shorts to black skinny jeans. And it also looks great with a tan.
On my travels, I have found that… navy really looks great on anyone. Any skin color, brunettes, blondes, redheads, it is flattering and can be incorporated to anyones’ style.
More to explore in Style
- Style Meet the Stylist: Martha Ward Wed, Apr 16, 2014
- Style New on the Scene: Louisa & Pookie Burch’s Trademark Mon, Apr 14, 2014
- Style Editors’ Style Tip: Coachella Chic Fri, Apr 11, 2014
- Style Street Style: Zina Charkoplia’s Scarlet Fever Thu, Apr 10, 2014
- Style Workweek Chic: Spotlight on the Sheath Tue, Apr 8, 2014