Executive Chef, The French Laundry & Bouchon
The renowned chef shares his favorite garden finds.
“At home in California, I gravitate towards the bumper crop of fruits and vegetables that surround us during the summer season. No place better exemplifies this than our culinary garden in Yountville.”
“As I walk through the rows of carefully tended vegetables, I inevitably end up plucking black cherry tomatoes off the vine that explode with sweetness when I bite into them.”
“I’ll grab a handful of our coveted Albion strawberries and fraises des bois to take home and top off with some whipped cream for a treat. The fraises des bois have a really short season so I enjoy them while I can.”
“I find myself instinctively grabbing a bowl of haricots verts to make a salad that while simple, (I quickly blanch the beans, add some minced shallots and just toss them in a nice light vinaigrette) is what summer is all about to me.”
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 12.8.17 Art & Design Issue: Cherry Bombe’s Cocktail Trio
- Entertaining 11.25.17 Small Business Saturday: Meet the Entrepreneur, Pop Karma’s Jean Tsai
- Entertaining 11.24.17 Spotlight On: Interiors Inspiration from Great Women of the 20th Century
- Entertaining 11.22.17 Happy Thanksgiving!
- Entertaining 11.21.17 Tory Entertains: Thanksgiving Table Tips