New foodie website The Food-Life features “food stories” and recipes from tastemakers in industries like fashion, publishing and music. Here, a word with the founders Lauren Levinger and Michael King.
- How do fashion and food relate?
- Both: Fashion and food are both art forms and people in both industries are constantly trying create
new ideas and concepts. To us, a trip to Barneys is just as exciting as a five course meal.
- Fall cocktail?
- Lauren: Hot Toddy
Michael: Spiked Soy Hot Chocolate
- Go-to hors d’oeuvre?
- Lauren: Pigs in a blanket
Michael: Tomato basil bruschetta
- Favorite dinner?
- Lauren: My mom’s Guamanian food
Michael: My mom’s Chinese cooking
- And for dessert?
- Lauren: Any kind of cake (chocolate, carrot, pistachio).
Michael: Anything rhubarb and ice cream (soy based only).
- Favorite local restaurant?
- Lauren: Malatesta Trattoria
Michael: Frankies 457 Spuntino
- Best street food?
- Lauren: The Treats Truck
Michael: The Arepa Lady
- Favorite me more related to a meal?
- Lauren: I once stepped on my birthday cake and we ate around it — never been able to live that down.
Michael: Making a four course brunch in order to impress my boyfriend’s mom.
More to explore in