Departures’ Editor-in-Chief just returned from the South of France.
- WHERE I’VE BEEN…
- Antibes to the Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc
- WHAT I PACKED…
- Five no-iron, all cotton Brooks Brothers slim fit white shirts, 15 1/2-32; Brunello Cucinelli white jeans; The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan
- TRAVEL TIP…
- Tide-to-go sticks
- WHERE TO GET INFORMATION ONLY A LOCAL WOULD KNOW…
- A Food Lover’s Guide to the Côte d’Azur prepared for Departures’ by long-time friend Gillian Duffy, culinary editor of New York magazine and part-time resident of Cannes
- BY DAY…
- Diving into the Med from Eden-Roc cabana no.502 and worshipping at the Matisse Chapel in Vence
- BY NIGHT…
- Driving 25 minutes into Nice for dinner (outside) of roast chicken stuffed with foie gras and a side order of mashed potatoes at La Petite Maison, the second best restaurant in the world
- PREFERRED SPORT…
- Watching for the comings and goings of Madonna and Lourdes who, along with a crew of 15, were here last weekend for a little sunbathing at a private cabana — actually they took two for the day.
- GROOMING TIP…
- Julien Farel’s Restore-Hydrate shampoo from Monaceli, and Tom Ford’s Neroli Portofino parfum
- FAVORITE FALL DRINK…
- Negroni sbagliato (the “anti” Negroni and made with prosecco not gin) served best at Il Posto Accanto, the most authentic Roman trattoria in New York
- Obsessed I Am by Energy 52 Café 52 (Deadmau5 remix) from Ibiza.
More to explore in
Insider’s Guide: Maria Teresa Kumar’s D.C.
Wed, Dec 4, 2013
Discover L.A.: Marlien Rentmeester’s Insider’s Guide
Mon, Nov 11, 2013
Insider’s Guide: Anja Rubik & Sasha Knezevic’s Vienna
Sat, Oct 26, 2013
Fall Getaway: Cristina Cuomo’s Hamptons
Fri, Oct 25, 2013
Word of Mouth: An Adirondack Getaway
Fri, Oct 25, 2013