- Ann Dexter-Jones with Mark Ronson
- Ann with Samantha and Charlotte Ronson
- A family portrait
- Samantha, Mark, Ann and Charlotte
- Alexander Dexter-Jones playing Hot Blooded by Foreigner
- Mark and Ann
Jewelry designer Ann Dexter-Jonesis the rock ’n roll matriarch of five musically-inclined Mark, Charlotte and Samantha Ronson and Alexander and Annabelle Dexter-Jones. Here, what she loves about being a mom and the lessons — other than music appreciation — she hopes she has passed on.
My five children… Are a glorious blessing. They allowed me to see life again through the innocent eyes of a child — Disneyland never looked so magical.
An important lesson that I hope I’ve passed on… I tortured my children daily by having them recite, “We love to share,” and they actually do. I taught them that visiting a bookstore was just as exciting as an afternoon at FAO Schwartz. I encouraged them to give back (maybe they would anyway) and to follow their dreams.
Favorite childhood memory of my mom… My mother played piano. It was a time of fun, laughter, dancing the highland fling (she was from Scotland). My father played a lot of violin and harmonica after dinner — whether we liked it or not! My father called me his “little rock ’n roller” — I loved to dance all night.
More to explore in Mother’s Day
- Experts Mother’s Day: Vietri’s Susan Gravely On Working With Family Sat, May 11, 2013
- Beauty Mother’s Day: Rosaria Pugliese & The Dueñas Sisters Fri, May 10, 2013
- Mother's Day Best Dressed: First Mom Mrs. Obama Thu, May 9, 2013
- Beauty Mother’s Day: Maria Cornejo & Bibi Borthwick Thu, May 9, 2013
- Beauty Mother’s Day: Veronica Webb On Daughters & Papadine Alaïa Thu, May 9, 2013