When Elsa met Miuccia — it’s the premise behind this year’s exhibit from the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum. For Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations, director Baz Luhrmann (of Moulin Rouge fame) created videos of simulated conversations between the two great designers, drawing a straight line between their ideas and designs, from their unconventional ideas of beauty to their love of exotic materials and surreal details. Tonight, the fashion flock is lining up the red carpet — the Vogue editors in Schiaparelli’s signature pink — in celebration at the annual Met Gala.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 11.21.17 Dr. Samantha Boardman On: The Psychology of Home & Hearth for the Holidays
- Culture 11.21.17 To Read: Books About Coming Home
- Culture 11.15.17 Meet the photographer: André Vicente Gonçalves
- Culture 11.11.17 Word of Mouth: Sotheby’s Jacques Grange Auction
- Culture 11.7.17 Entrepreneur Issue: TheSkimm Founders Share Their Best Business Advice