When Elsa met Miuccia — it’s the premise behind this year’s exhibit from the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum. For Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations, director Baz Luhrmann (of Moulin Rouge fame) created videos of simulated conversations between the two great designers, drawing a straight line between their ideas and designs, from their unconventional ideas of beauty to their love of exotic materials and surreal details. Tonight, the fashion flock is lining up the red carpet — the Vogue editors in Schiaparelli’s signature pink — in celebration at the annual Met Gala.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: Nancy Meyers’ The Intern Sun, Aug 24, 2014
- Culture Mentorship: Every Mother Counts’ Clancy McCarty Wed, Aug 20, 2014
- Culture Mentorship: Gagosian Gallery’s Christine Erpf Wed, Aug 20, 2014
- Culture Tory On: Mentorship Tue, Aug 19, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Virgo Sat, Aug 16, 2014