When Elsa met Miuccia — it’s the premise behind this year’s exhibit from the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum. For Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations, director Baz Luhrmann (of Moulin Rouge fame) created videos of simulated conversations between the two great designers, drawing a straight line between their ideas and designs, from their unconventional ideas of beauty to their love of exotic materials and surreal details. Tonight, the fashion flock is lining up the red carpet — the Vogue editors in Schiaparelli’s signature pink — in celebration at the annual Met Gala.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Shooting For Stardust at Taschen Gallery Thu, Oct 8, 2015
- Culture To Do: The Fabric of India at the Victoria & Albert Museum Tue, Oct 6, 2015
- Culture To Read: Eric Morse’s What Is Punk? Sun, Oct 4, 2015
- Culture Author Gayle Tzemach Lemmon On: Resilience, TED Talks & Living in the “And” Sun, Oct 4, 2015
- Culture To Watch: Meet the Patels Fri, Oct 2, 2015