Anyone flying over New York City of late will notice a white, snake-like tent lining Randall’s Island on the East River. Through Monday, it’s hosting London’s popular annual Frieze Art Fair, featuring over 1,000 artists in 180 pop-up galleries from 30 countries. Prepare to spend the day there — it’s 20 minutes by ferry. Good thing Fat Radish and Sant Ambroeus set up cafes inside, while The Standard’s Biergarten food truck is parked right outside.
Coloured Vases, courtesy of the artist Ai Weiwei and Lisson Gallery
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.21.17 Tappan Collective’s Chelsea Neman On: Top Six Artists to Watch in 2017
- Culture 1.21.17 What’s Your Sign? Aquarius
- Culture 1.20.17 To Read: Marlon James’ A Brief History of Seven Killings
- Culture 1.16.17 Spotlight On: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Culture 1.14.17 Spotlight On: Herewith Magazine & EIC Megan Villa