Anyone flying over New York City of late will notice a white, snake-like tent lining Randall’s Island on the East River. Through Monday, it’s hosting London’s popular annual Frieze Art Fair, featuring over 1,000 artists in 180 pop-up galleries from 30 countries. Prepare to spend the day there — it’s 20 minutes by ferry. Good thing Fat Radish and Sant Ambroeus set up cafes inside, while The Standard’s Biergarten food truck is parked right outside.
Coloured Vases, courtesy of the artist Ai Weiwei and Lisson Gallery
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 7.26.17 Book Issue: Tory on the Influence of The Little Prince & Harry Potter
- Culture 7.21.17 What’s Your Sign? Leo
- Culture 7.6.17 To Do: Kitty Chou at Hong Kong’s Ben Brown Fine Arts
- Culture 7.2.17 To Do: Ed Ruscha’s Nine Swimming Pools & A Broken Glass at L.A.’s Kopeikin Gallery
- Culture 6.26.17 Exhibits We Love: Magnum Photos’ 70th Anniversary