Anyone flying over New York City of late will notice a white, snake-like tent lining Randall’s Island on the East River. Through Monday, it’s hosting London’s popular annual Frieze Art Fair, featuring over 1,000 artists in 180 pop-up galleries from 30 countries. Prepare to spend the day there — it’s 20 minutes by ferry. Good thing Fat Radish and Sant Ambroeus set up cafes inside, while The Standard’s Biergarten food truck is parked right outside.
Coloured Vases, courtesy of the artist Ai Weiwei and Lisson Gallery
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 2.26.17 To Read: Christine Lennon’s The Drifter
- Beauty 2.2.17 Love Relentlessly: Meet the Artist, Meghann Stephenson
- Culture 1.27.17 Lunar New Year: Thierry Chow’s Feng Shui Tips to Maximize Good Fortune
- Culture 1.26.17 Lunar New Year: Astrologer Susie Cox on the Year of the Fire Rooster
- Culture 1.24.17 Tory On: The Lunar New Year