Anyone flying over New York City of late will notice a white, snake-like tent lining Randall’s Island on the East River. Through Monday, it’s hosting London’s popular annual Frieze Art Fair, featuring over 1,000 artists in 180 pop-up galleries from 30 countries. Prepare to spend the day there — it’s 20 minutes by ferry. Good thing Fat Radish and Sant Ambroeus set up cafes inside, while The Standard’s Biergarten food truck is parked right outside.
Coloured Vases, courtesy of the artist Ai Weiwei and Lisson Gallery
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.26.17 To Do: Raymond Pettibon at the New Museum
- Culture 3.11.17 Embrace Ambition: Entrepreneur Spotlight on Juliette Longuet
- Culture 3.11.17 Embrace Ambition: The Tomorrows’ Ally Lewis & Louise Denny
- Culture 3.8.17 Embrace Ambition: Advice from Tastemakers
- Culture 3.7.17 Embrace Ambition: The Video