“It doesn’t hurt that we both love orange” is how Michael J. Fox perfectly summed up his partnership with Tory Burch. Last week, Tory hosted a shopping event in support of The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF), where Michael, with his wife Tracy Pollan, spoke to guests at our Madison Avenue boutique about working to find a cure and to improve treatment for Parkinson’s disease. While 20% of the proceeds from the event benefited MJFF, Tory and Tracy also handpicked four signature orange pieces from our collection — through April, 20% of proceeds of these items, available at toryburch.com and our Madison Avenue flagship, will go to MJFF. Bonus: Every dollar raised by this partnership will be doubled by the Brin Wojcicki Challenge, sponsored by Google co-founder Sergey Brin and his wife Anne Wojcicki, co-founder of the personal genetics company 23&Me. Shop for a cause.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: TBF & Women Rule Sat, Dec 7, 2013
- Culture Tastemakers: The de Purys on Art Basel & Gifts for the Art Lover Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Quote of the Day: Nelson Mandela Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Book of the Week: Jane & Serge. A Family Album Thu, Dec 5, 2013
- Culture Word of Mouth: A Generation Born Free Mon, Nov 25, 2013