Have you succumbed to a “new year, new you” regimen of healthy eating? The toughest hurdle is relinquishing dessert. It seems so…wrong. But alas, it’s 2019, and so, for at least the month of January, this is your new reality. When your sweet tooth comes calling (as it always does), this soursop sorbet from One Green Planet is a healthy alternative to curb your cravings.
3 cups fresh soursop pulp
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
Pinch of salt
1. Put the soursop pulp in a food processor and pulse to separate the seeds from the juicy bits. 2. Scrape into a sieve set over a big bowl, pushing through as much pulp as you can and remove the seeds. It is possible that some pieces of the pulp don’t break while pulsing, you can add them directly to the bowl with the rest of the strained pulp. The purpose of pulsing the pulp on the food processor is to remove only the seeds.
3. In the same big bowl, combine the seedless soursop pulp with the sugar, breaking up the fruit as much as possible. Mix the water, lime juice, and salt. Transfer to an airtight container, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
4. Pour into an ice cream machine and churn according to the manufacturer’s directions or until the sorbet has become thick (around 20-25 minutes).
5. Transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 3.14.19 The Dynamic Duo Behind Dumpling Joint Mimi Cheng’s
- Entertaining 3.14.19 The Social Network at the AllBright Club in London
- Entertaining 2.9.19 Something to Sip on, Robinsway Fizz
- Entertaining 1.30.19 Just One Thing: Jugs as Vases
- Entertaining 1.6.19 Curb Your Sweet Tooth with Soursop Sorbet