A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: What I Love About Movies Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Culture To Do: Larry David’s Fish In the Dark Fri, Feb 6, 2015
- Culture To Do: Vik Muniz at Ben Brown Fine Arts in Hong Kong Mon, Feb 2, 2015
- Culture To Read: Nick Hornby’s Funny Girl Sat, Jan 31, 2015