A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Mother’s Day: Photographer Tina Barney on Families Portraits Sat, Apr 30, 2016
- Culture Mother’s Day: Tory on Spending Time with My Boys Thu, Apr 28, 2016
- Culture Meet the Artist: Liz Markus Wed, Apr 27, 2016
- Culture To Do: Cherry Blossom Festivals Tue, Apr 26, 2016
- Culture Meet the Artist: Deer Dana’s Dana Veraldi Sat, Apr 2, 2016