A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Elle UK Editor Sophie Beresiner On: Having Breast Cancer Mon, Sep 29, 2014
- Culture To Do: Cy Twombly at Morgan Library Fri, Sep 26, 2014
- Culture To Read: Linda Rottenberg’s Crazy is a Compliment Sun, Sep 21, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Libra Sat, Sep 20, 2014
- Culture To Read: Keith Richards’ Gus & Me Wed, Sep 17, 2014