A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Model Liu Wen On: Lunar New Year Traditions Sun, Feb 7, 2016
- Culture Meet the Artist: Ryan Sarah Murphy Thu, Feb 4, 2016
- Culture To Do: Robert Dallet at the Bruce Museum Tue, Feb 2, 2016
- Culture Tory Daily’s HOT! List: February 2016 Mon, Feb 1, 2016
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Aquarius Mon, Feb 1, 2016