A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 2.27.17 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 2.26.17 To Read: Christine Lennon’s The Drifter
- Beauty 2.2.17 Love Relentlessly: Meet the Artist, Meghann Stephenson
- Culture 1.27.17 Lunar New Year: Thierry Chow’s Feng Shui Tips to Maximize Good Fortune
- Culture 1.26.17 Lunar New Year: Astrologer Susie Cox on the Year of the Fire Rooster