A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Spotlight On: Sotheby’s Bunny Mellon Auction Tue, Nov 18, 2014
- Culture Meet the Artist: Carmen Almon Sun, Nov 16, 2014
- Culture Meet the Photographer: Hollywood’s Jeff Vespa Fri, Nov 14, 2014
- Culture Expert Guide: @Paridust Pari Ehsan’s Instagram Tips Thu, Nov 13, 2014
- Culture Cathy Horyn On: Illustrator Joe Eula Wed, Nov 12, 2014