A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: TBF & Women Rule Sat, Dec 7, 2013
- Culture Tastemakers: The de Purys on Art Basel & Gifts for the Art Lover Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Quote of the Day: Nelson Mandela Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Book of the Week: Jane & Serge. A Family Album Thu, Dec 5, 2013
- Culture Word of Mouth: A Generation Born Free Mon, Nov 25, 2013