A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Meet the Artist: Katherine Bernhardt Mon, Oct 12, 2015
- Culture Spotlight On: Voltz Clarke Gallery’s Blair Clarke Fri, Oct 9, 2015
- Culture To Do: Shooting For Stardust at Taschen Gallery Thu, Oct 8, 2015
- Culture To Do: The Fabric of India at the Victoria & Albert Museum Tue, Oct 6, 2015
- Culture To Read: Eric Morse’s What Is Punk? Sun, Oct 4, 2015