A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: #ElephantYogaChallenge Wed, Aug 17, 2016
- Culture Spotlight On: Actress & Photographer Jiang Yiyan Wed, Aug 17, 2016
- Culture Entertaining Issue: To Read, The Intelligent Conversationalist Sun, Aug 14, 2016
- Culture Entertaining Issue: Summer Dinner Party Playlist Thu, Aug 11, 2016
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Leo Sun, Jul 31, 2016