A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To See: Alexander Calder at Christie’s & Tory Burch Madison Mon, Apr 21, 2014
- Culture Jill Brooke On: The Need to Say No Mon, Apr 21, 2014
- Culture In Memoriam: Gabriel García Márquez Thu, Apr 17, 2014
- Culture Katty Kay On: The Confidence Code Thu, Apr 17, 2014
- Culture To Do: Tribeca Film Festival Tue, Apr 15, 2014