A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: Jewelry Designer Sevan Biçakçi Mon, Dec 15, 2014
- Culture To Do: Beatriz Milhazes at Pérez Art Museum Miami Sun, Dec 7, 2014
- Culture Art Advisor Maria Brito On: Lifestyling the Home Sat, Dec 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Michele Oka Doner at Christie’s Fri, Dec 5, 2014
- Culture Gallerist Christine Messineo On: Art Basel Miami Beach Wed, Dec 3, 2014