A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Spotlight On: Wimbledon Flashback (McEnroe vs. Borg!) Wed, Jul 1, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Author Kevin Kwan on China Rich Girlfriend Tue, Jun 30, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Actor & Comedian Aziz Ansari on Texts & Love Mon, Jun 29, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Painter Natasha Law on Books to Inspire a Young Artist Sun, Jun 28, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Meet the New Authors on the Scene Sat, Jun 27, 2015