The most coveted (and completely sold out) ticket in town this spring is for MoMA‘s 8-night retrospective for German electronic band Kraftwerk, beginning April 10. The cult-favorite band is credited by fans and critics alike for inspiring everything from hip hop to house to the current electronica craze. You could even draw a direct line from our our Fall 2012 runway soundtrack, which featured music from Michael Mann’s Drive, which was in turn influenced by Kraftwerk.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.13.17 What’s Your Sign? Capricorn
- Culture 12.10.17 Art & Design Issue: To Do, Rose Wylie at Serpentine Sackler Gallery
- Culture 12.9.17 Art & Design Issue: Meet the Furniture Designer, Cam Crockford
- Culture 12.9.17 Art & Design Issue: To Do, Deborah Roberts at Fort Gansevoort
- Culture 12.7.17 Art & Design Issue: Spotlight on Faena District