The most coveted (and completely sold out) ticket in town this spring is for MoMA‘s 8-night retrospective for German electronic band Kraftwerk, beginning April 10. The cult-favorite band is credited by fans and critics alike for inspiring everything from hip hop to house to the current electronica craze. You could even draw a direct line from our our Fall 2012 runway soundtrack, which featured music from Michael Mann’s Drive, which was in turn influenced by Kraftwerk.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To See: A Celebration of Chinese Inspiration at The Met Tue, May 5, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day Entrepreneurs: Baby2Baby’s Kelly Sawyer Patricof & Norah Weinstein Sun, May 3, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Photographer & DJ Brooke Williams on Raising a Future Jedi Master Sat, May 2, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Editors’ Wish List, The Book Edition Sat, May 2, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Tastemakers on Mom’s Best Advice Fri, May 1, 2015