Around the world, March 8 is International Women’s Day, the perfect time say thanks to the trailblazers in our life. We have also been reading Angela Nazarian’s Pioneers of the Possible, which pays tribute to 20 visionary women with the tenacity and moxie to change the world. She features everyone from Frida Kahlo, Ella Fitzgerald and Estée Lauder to Simone de Beauvoir and Dharma Master Cheng Yen. Last night, Tory and Dawn Ostroff, President of Conde Nast Entertainment, co-hosted a book party at our Madison Avenue flagship, and we were honored to have one of the pioneers with us — Jacqueline Novogratz, founder and CEO of Acumen Fund. Here’s to celebrating women every day.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Spotlight On: Sotheby’s Bunny Mellon Auction Tue, Nov 18, 2014
- Culture Meet the Artist: Carmen Almon Sun, Nov 16, 2014
- Culture Meet the Photographer: Hollywood’s Jeff Vespa Fri, Nov 14, 2014
- Culture Expert Guide: @Paridust Pari Ehsan’s Instagram Tips Thu, Nov 13, 2014
- Culture Cathy Horyn On: Illustrator Joe Eula Wed, Nov 12, 2014