Around the world, March 8 is International Women’s Day, the perfect time say thanks to the trailblazers in our life. We have also been reading Angela Nazarian’s Pioneers of the Possible, which pays tribute to 20 visionary women with the tenacity and moxie to change the world. She features everyone from Frida Kahlo, Ella Fitzgerald and Estée Lauder to Simone de Beauvoir and Dharma Master Cheng Yen. Last night, Tory and Dawn Ostroff, President of Conde Nast Entertainment, co-hosted a book party at our Madison Avenue flagship, and we were honored to have one of the pioneers with us — Jacqueline Novogratz, founder and CEO of Acumen Fund. Here’s to celebrating women every day.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: What I Love About Movies Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Culture To Do: Larry David’s Fish In the Dark Fri, Feb 6, 2015
- Culture To Do: Vik Muniz at Ben Brown Fine Arts in Hong Kong Mon, Feb 2, 2015
- Culture To Read: Nick Hornby’s Funny Girl Sat, Jan 31, 2015