Around the world, March 8 is International Women’s Day, the perfect time say thanks to the trailblazers in our life. We have also been reading Angela Nazarian’s Pioneers of the Possible, which pays tribute to 20 visionary women with the tenacity and moxie to change the world. She features everyone from Frida Kahlo, Ella Fitzgerald and Estée Lauder to Simone de Beauvoir and Dharma Master Cheng Yen. Last night, Tory and Dawn Ostroff, President of Conde Nast Entertainment, co-hosted a book party at our Madison Avenue flagship, and we were honored to have one of the pioneers with us — Jacqueline Novogratz, founder and CEO of Acumen Fund. Here’s to celebrating women every day.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Holiday Issue: Artist Mary Nelson Sinclair on Color, More Color & Best Gifts Sat, Dec 20, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Jewelry Designer Sevan Biçakçi Mon, Dec 15, 2014
- Culture To Do: Beatriz Milhazes at Pérez Art Museum Miami Sun, Dec 7, 2014
- Culture Art Advisor Maria Brito On: Lifestyling the Home Sat, Dec 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Michele Oka Doner at Christie’s Fri, Dec 5, 2014