For Hilary Lambert, founder of American Sports Bra, the answer to the question “Should I work out today?” should almost always be “Yes.” Here, she reminds us of the basics.
FIND YOUR OWN THING
“Find something you like to do: walk, dance around your house, swim, work out with a DVD — anything that works for your body. Not everyone likes yoga, spinning or running….”
TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY
“Drink water, sleep, breathe and eat right. Try stretching gently for 5 minutes every day.”
GET PSYCHED TO MOVE!
“Do whatever you need to get pumped up — listen to music, find a photo of someone who really inspires you and put it on your wall… Tell yourself: ‘I am going for a run to make myself feel happy and alive!’”
More to explore in Experts
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Sagittarius Sun, Nov 17, 2013
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Scorpio Mon, Oct 21, 2013
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Libra Sat, Sep 21, 2013
- Experts 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Rachelle Hruska Sun, Sep 1, 2013
- Experts Heather Lilleston On: Yoga & The Beach Life Sat, Aug 31, 2013