For Hilary Lambert, founder of American Sports Bra, the answer to the question “Should I work out today?” should almost always be “Yes.” Here, she reminds us of the basics.
FIND YOUR OWN THING
“Find something you like to do: walk, dance around your house, swim, work out with a DVD — anything that works for your body. Not everyone likes yoga, spinning or running….”
TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY
“Drink water, sleep, breathe and eat right. Try stretching gently for 5 minutes every day.”
GET PSYCHED TO MOVE!
“Do whatever you need to get pumped up — listen to music, find a photo of someone who really inspires you and put it on your wall… Tell yourself: ‘I am going for a run to make myself feel happy and alive!'”
More to explore in Experts
- Entertaining Shanghai issue: Event Planner Melvin Chua’s Guide to the Entertaining Scene Fri, Oct 31, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Virgo Sat, Aug 16, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Cancer Mon, Jun 16, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Gemini Tue, May 20, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Taurus Thu, Apr 24, 2014