- The exposed workings of Hayes’ aquarium
- Tropical fish inside Paula Hayes’ Land Mine at the Lever House
- The artist, left, during installation
- Terrariums inside the Lever House’s lobby
Once again, the Lever House transforms Park Avenue, this time with Paula Hayes’ live art installation Land Mind (through April 27). Hayes created a slice of the tropics with palm trees and lush foliage, at the center of which is a specially designed aquarium filled with coral and fish. It took her 18 months to mold and create the drop-shaped acrylic aquarium.
Photographs by Jesse David Harris.
More to explore in Culture
- Style 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Fiona Kotur Thu, Mar 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Alex Katz at Thaddaeus Ropac Sun, Mar 2, 2014
- Culture Entrepreneur: Out of Order’s Dorian Grinspan Sat, Mar 1, 2014
- Culture Survival Guide: Tracy Brennan’s Oscar Weekend Fri, Feb 28, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: The Great Beauty Fri, Feb 28, 2014