- The exposed workings of Hayes’ aquarium
- Tropical fish inside Paula Hayes’ Land Mine at the Lever House
- The artist, left, during installation
- Terrariums inside the Lever House’s lobby
Once again, the Lever House transforms Park Avenue, this time with Paula Hayes’ live art installation Land Mind (through April 27). Hayes created a slice of the tropics with palm trees and lush foliage, at the center of which is a specially designed aquarium filled with coral and fish. It took her 18 months to mold and create the drop-shaped acrylic aquarium.
Photographs by Jesse David Harris.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 6.23.17 Meet the Artist: Jocelyn Hobbie
- Culture 6.21.17 What’s Your Sign? Cancer
- Culture 6.20.17 To Do: Walasse Ting at Hong Kong’s Alisan Fine Arts
- Culture 6.15.17 Entrepreneurs: Iksel Decorative Arts’ Mehmet & Dimonah Iksel
- Culture 6.13.17 Lauren Bush Lauren On: New York’s FEED Shop & Café