- The exposed workings of Hayes’ aquarium
- Tropical fish inside Paula Hayes’ Land Mine at the Lever House
- The artist, left, during installation
- Terrariums inside the Lever House’s lobby
Once again, the Lever House transforms Park Avenue, this time with Paula Hayes’ live art installation Land Mind (through April 27). Hayes created a slice of the tropics with palm trees and lush foliage, at the center of which is a specially designed aquarium filled with coral and fish. It took her 18 months to mold and create the drop-shaped acrylic aquarium.
Photographs by Jesse David Harris.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: Richard Diebenkorn Thu, May 21, 2015
- Culture To See: Niki de Saint Phalle at Guggenheim Bilbao Mon, May 18, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Cannes 2015 Sat, May 16, 2015
- Culture Insider’s Guide: Bettina Prentice’s Frieze NY Thu, May 14, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Teresita Fernández’s Madison Square Park Takeover Mon, May 11, 2015