- The exposed workings of Hayes’ aquarium
- Tropical fish inside Paula Hayes’ Land Mine at the Lever House
- The artist, left, during installation
- Terrariums inside the Lever House’s lobby
Once again, the Lever House transforms Park Avenue, this time with Paula Hayes’ live art installation Land Mind (through April 27). Hayes created a slice of the tropics with palm trees and lush foliage, at the center of which is a specially designed aquarium filled with coral and fish. It took her 18 months to mold and create the drop-shaped acrylic aquarium.
Photographs by Jesse David Harris.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture London Issue: To See, You Say You Want a Revolution at the V&A Wed, Dec 7, 2016
- Culture Tory Daily’s HOT! List: Art Basel Miami Beach Thu, Dec 1, 2016
- Culture To See: Di Donna’s Paths to the Absolute Sun, Nov 27, 2016
- Culture Entertaining Issue: Illustrator & Calligrapher Stephanie Fishwick Sat, Nov 26, 2016
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Sagittarius Sun, Nov 20, 2016