- The exposed workings of Hayes’ aquarium
- Tropical fish inside Paula Hayes’ Land Mine at the Lever House
- The artist, left, during installation
- Terrariums inside the Lever House’s lobby
Once again, the Lever House transforms Park Avenue, this time with Paula Hayes’ live art installation Land Mind (through April 27). Hayes created a slice of the tropics with palm trees and lush foliage, at the center of which is a specially designed aquarium filled with coral and fish. It took her 18 months to mold and create the drop-shaped acrylic aquarium.
Photographs by Jesse David Harris.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Virgo Sun, Aug 23, 2015
- Culture Music Issue: Spotlight on Broadway’s Renée Elise Goldsberry Tue, Aug 18, 2015
- Culture To Do: The Rise of Sneaker Culture at the Brooklyn Museum Mon, Aug 10, 2015
- Culture Meet the Philanthropist: Sugarplum Children’s Lady Jubie Wigan Sun, Aug 9, 2015
- Culture To Do: Wes Anderson Tribute at Joseph Gross Thu, Aug 6, 2015