- The exposed workings of Hayes’ aquarium
- Tropical fish inside Paula Hayes’ Land Mine at the Lever House
- The artist, left, during installation
- Terrariums inside the Lever House’s lobby
Once again, the Lever House transforms Park Avenue, this time with Paula Hayes’ live art installation Land Mind (through April 27). Hayes created a slice of the tropics with palm trees and lush foliage, at the center of which is a specially designed aquarium filled with coral and fish. It took her 18 months to mold and create the drop-shaped acrylic aquarium.
Photographs by Jesse David Harris.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Cornwall’s Port Eliot Festival Wed, Jul 29, 2015
- Culture To Do: Lil Buck at Lincoln Center Plaza Sat, Jul 25, 2015
- Culture To Do: Alex Israel at Paris’ Almine Rech Fri, Jul 24, 2015
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Leo Thu, Jul 23, 2015
- Culture To Do: Contemporary Art Masters at Marian Goodman Wed, Jul 22, 2015