- The exposed workings of Hayes’ aquarium
- Tropical fish inside Paula Hayes’ Land Mine at the Lever House
- The artist, left, during installation
- Terrariums inside the Lever House’s lobby
Once again, the Lever House transforms Park Avenue, this time with Paula Hayes’ live art installation Land Mind (through April 27). Hayes created a slice of the tropics with palm trees and lush foliage, at the center of which is a specially designed aquarium filled with coral and fish. It took her 18 months to mold and create the drop-shaped acrylic aquarium.
Photographs by Jesse David Harris.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 11.21.17 Dr. Samantha Boardman On: The Psychology of Home & Hearth for the Holidays
- Culture 11.15.17 Meet the photographer: André Vicente Gonçalves
- Culture 11.11.17 Word of Mouth: Sotheby’s Jacques Grange Auction
- Culture 11.7.17 Entrepreneur Issue: TheSkimm Founders Share Their Best Business Advice
- Culture 11.6.17 To Do: Toyin Ojih Odutola at the Whitney