- The exposed workings of Hayes’ aquarium
- Tropical fish inside Paula Hayes’ Land Mine at the Lever House
- The artist, left, during installation
- Terrariums inside the Lever House’s lobby
Once again, the Lever House transforms Park Avenue, this time with Paula Hayes’ live art installation Land Mind (through April 27). Hayes created a slice of the tropics with palm trees and lush foliage, at the center of which is a specially designed aquarium filled with coral and fish. It took her 18 months to mold and create the drop-shaped acrylic aquarium.
Photographs by Jesse David Harris.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Author Kevin Kwan On: China Rich Girlfriend Tue, Jun 30, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Actor & Comedian Aziz Ansari on Texts & Love Mon, Jun 29, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Painter Natasha Law on Books to Inspire a Young Artist Sun, Jun 28, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Meet the New Authors on the Scene Sat, Jun 27, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Designer Reed Krakoff on the Art of the Book Fri, Jun 26, 2015