- The exposed workings of Hayes’ aquarium
- Tropical fish inside Paula Hayes’ Land Mine at the Lever House
- The artist, left, during installation
- Terrariums inside the Lever House’s lobby
Once again, the Lever House transforms Park Avenue, this time with Paula Hayes’ live art installation Land Mind (through April 27). Hayes created a slice of the tropics with palm trees and lush foliage, at the center of which is a specially designed aquarium filled with coral and fish. It took her 18 months to mold and create the drop-shaped acrylic aquarium.
Photographs by Jesse David Harris.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Milan Issue: Architect Marie-Louise Sciò’s Guide to the Art & Design Scene Fri, Apr 17, 2015
- Culture Milan Issue: Lettuce Ware Art Installation at Tory Burch Thu, Apr 16, 2015
- Culture Milan Issue: Meet Artist Bethan Laura Wood Thu, Apr 16, 2015
- Culture Milan Issue: Curator Caroline Corbetta on Salone del Mobile Tue, Apr 14, 2015
- Culture To Do: Spirit of Water at The Antique & Artisan Gallery Wed, Apr 8, 2015