1. Lunch (unless you’re meeting with your boss or your mom): it’s a work day!
2. Trains, taxis and airplanes: but please, never be the obnoxious fool who has loud conversations.
3. Expectant situations: if you have a pregnant family member or a sick friend.
1. In the big leagues: if you’re with a more senior boss or an elderly family member.
2. At a private home: if you’re having dinner at a friend’s house, focus on them and the party at hand.
3. Funerals, film sets and weddings: it’s mortifying to be that girl who has her phone go off at an inopportune moment.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.12.18 To Visit: Miró Exhibit, Grand Palais
- Culture 12.6.18 To Read: The Wes Anderson Collection
- Culture 11.26.18 To Visit: Andy Warhol at The Whitney Museum of American Art
- Culture 11.12.18 Spotlight On: Illustrator Maddie Edgar
- Culture 11.7.18 Spotlight On: Grand Central Terminal’s Celestial Ceiling