1. Lunch (unless you’re meeting with your boss or your mom): it’s a work day!
2. Trains, taxis and airplanes: but please, never be the obnoxious fool who has loud conversations.
3. Expectant situations: if you have a pregnant family member or a sick friend.
1. In the big leagues: if you’re with a more senior boss or an elderly family member.
2. At a private home: if you’re having dinner at a friend’s house, focus on them and the party at hand.
3. Funerals, film sets and weddings: it’s mortifying to be that girl who has her phone go off at an inopportune moment.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 5.26.17 What’s Your Sign? Gemini
- Culture 5.20.17 London Issue: To Do, David Hockney at Tate Britain
- Culture 5.12.17 Mother’s Day: Wunderhaus’ Shirley Erskine-Schreyer on Parenting & Family Surprises
- Culture 5.12.17 Mother’s Day: To Do, Celebrate Moms
- Culture 5.12.17 Mother’s Day: To Read, Sophie Calle’s Rachel Monique