1. Lunch (unless you’re meeting with your boss or your mom): it’s a work day!
2. Trains, taxis and airplanes: but please, never be the obnoxious fool who has loud conversations.
3. Expectant situations: if you have a pregnant family member or a sick friend.
1. In the big leagues: if you’re with a more senior boss or an elderly family member.
2. At a private home: if you’re having dinner at a friend’s house, focus on them and the party at hand.
3. Funerals, film sets and weddings: it’s mortifying to be that girl who has her phone go off at an inopportune moment.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Spotlight On: Photographer Shana Novak & The Heirloomist Sat, Oct 15, 2016
- Culture To Read: Michelle Nussbaumer’s Wanderlust Sat, Oct 15, 2016
- Culture Tory Daily’s HOT! List: Fall 2016 Tue, Oct 11, 2016
- Culture To Read: Slim Aarons’ Women Sat, Oct 8, 2016
- Culture Spotlight On: Gagosian Gallery’s Sarah Hoover Mon, Oct 3, 2016