1. Lunch (unless you’re meeting with your boss or your mom): it’s a work day!
2. Trains, taxis and airplanes: but please, never be the obnoxious fool who has loud conversations.
3. Expectant situations: if you have a pregnant family member or a sick friend.
1. In the big leagues: if you’re with a more senior boss or an elderly family member.
2. At a private home: if you’re having dinner at a friend’s house, focus on them and the party at hand.
3. Funerals, film sets and weddings: it’s mortifying to be that girl who has her phone go off at an inopportune moment.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Matisse & the Book Arts at The Morgan Tue, Nov 24, 2015
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Sagittarius Mon, Nov 23, 2015
- Culture To Read: Brigid Berlin Polaroids Sun, Nov 22, 2015
- Culture Author Juman Malouf On: The Trilogy of Two Sat, Nov 21, 2015
- Culture To Do: Paige Powell at the Portland Art Museum Sat, Nov 21, 2015