1. Lunch (unless you’re meeting with your boss or your mom): it’s a work day!
2. Trains, taxis and airplanes: but please, never be the obnoxious fool who has loud conversations.
3. Expectant situations: if you have a pregnant family member or a sick friend.
1. In the big leagues: if you’re with a more senior boss or an elderly family member.
2. At a private home: if you’re having dinner at a friend’s house, focus on them and the party at hand.
3. Funerals, film sets and weddings: it’s mortifying to be that girl who has her phone go off at an inopportune moment.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: The Fabric of India at the Victoria & Albert Museum Tue, Oct 6, 2015
- Culture To Read: Eric Morse’s What Is Punk? Sun, Oct 4, 2015
- Culture Author Gayle Tzemach Lemmon On: Resilience, TED Talks & Living in the “And” Sun, Oct 4, 2015
- Culture To Watch: Meet the Patels Fri, Oct 2, 2015
- Culture Director Nancy Meyers On: The Intern Tue, Sep 29, 2015