1. Be nice to the body before you fold it up like a lawn chair for a gazillion hours. Get a good night’s sleep the night before you travel and drink lots of water. Do not drink alcohol at the airport.
2. Adjust your schedule in advance. In the days before your flight, stay up later or go to bed earlier.
3. Don’t drink caffeine. The point is to sleep on long flights.
4. Come prepared — warm socks, earplugs, sleep mask, scarf….
5. If possible, don’t eat before you fly. When you wake up, have a big breakfast.
6. Soak up some sun — this can trick the body into thinking it’s your usual morning time.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.12.18 To Visit: Miró Exhibit, Grand Palais
- Culture 12.6.18 To Read: The Wes Anderson Collection
- Culture 11.26.18 To Visit: Andy Warhol at The Whitney Museum of American Art
- Culture 11.12.18 Spotlight On: Illustrator Maddie Edgar
- Culture 11.7.18 Spotlight On: Grand Central Terminal’s Celestial Ceiling