1. Be nice to the body before you fold it up like a lawn chair for a gazillion hours. Get a good night’s sleep the night before you travel and drink lots of water. Do not drink alcohol at the airport.
2. Adjust your schedule in advance. In the days before your flight, stay up later or go to bed earlier.
3. Don’t drink caffeine. The point is to sleep on long flights.
4. Come prepared — warm socks, earplugs, sleep mask, scarf….
5. If possible, don’t eat before you fly. When you wake up, have a big breakfast.
6. Soak up some sun — this can trick the body into thinking it’s your usual morning time.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Dr. Sam On: The Psychology of Time Management Sun, Mar 9, 2014
- Style 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Fiona Kotur Thu, Mar 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Alex Katz at Thaddaeus Ropac Sun, Mar 2, 2014
- Culture Entrepreneur: Out of Order’s Dorian Grinspan Sat, Mar 1, 2014
- Culture Survival Guide: Tracy Brennan’s Oscar Weekend Fri, Feb 28, 2014