Everyone from Josephine Baker and Queen Elizabeth II to Catherine Deneuve and Cary Grant walked in Roger Vivier’s shoes. He was known for the pilgrim buckle pump, over-the-top thigh-high creations and kick-starting fashion’s obsession with the stiletto. If you’re a fan, over 400 of the famed designer’s shoes and paper collages are being auctioned at Aguttes right now.
More to explore in Style
- Style New on the Scene: Louisa & Pookie Burch’s Trademark Mon, Apr 14, 2014
- Style Editors’ Style Tip: Coachella Chic Fri, Apr 11, 2014
- Style Street Style: Zina Charkoplia’s Scarlet Fever Thu, Apr 10, 2014
- Style Workweek Chic: Spotlight on the Sheath Tue, Apr 8, 2014
- Style Spring 2014: Tory’s Shoe Guide Sat, Apr 5, 2014