On November 21st, Grange’s personal collection goes under the hammer, culled from his own grand apartment in Paris — previously home to the French author Colette. There are 177 items, ranging from antiques to art to furnishings, from a Polaroid of Liza Minnelli by Andy Warhol to a curious bar table fashioned from two white ostriches with a giant egg balanced in the middle (below, paired with a green-and-white work by Daniel Buren). His eye for wondrous design is unparalleled — after all, he’s the interiors genius behind the homes of Saint Laurent, Paloma Picasso, Valentino, Barbara Gladstone and Francis Ford Coppola. Check out the full auction and make your bids — or, if you’re like us, simply inspiration shop — on Sotheby’s here.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.22.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Jazmin Grace Grimaldi & Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles
- Beauty 3.19.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Tenoverten Entrepreneurs Nadine Abramcyk & Adair Ilyinsky
- Culture 3.18.18 #EmbraceAmbition: To Read, Bygone Badass Broads
- Culture 3.15.18 #EmbraceAmbition: FounderMade’s Meghan Asha on Top Entrepreneur Tips
- Culture 3.14.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Introducing New York’s City of Women