On November 21st, Grange’s personal collection goes under the hammer, culled from his own grand apartment in Paris — previously home to the French author Colette. There are 177 items, ranging from antiques to art to furnishings, from a Polaroid of Liza Minnelli by Andy Warhol to a curious bar table fashioned from two white ostriches with a giant egg balanced in the middle (below, paired with a green-and-white work by Daniel Buren). His eye for wondrous design is unparalleled — after all, he’s the interiors genius behind the homes of Saint Laurent, Paloma Picasso, Valentino, Barbara Gladstone and Francis Ford Coppola. Check out the full auction and make your bids — or, if you’re like us, simply inspiration shop — on Sotheby’s here.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.14.17 Holiday Issue: We ♥ Holiday Movies
- Culture 12.13.17 What’s Your Sign? Capricorn
- Culture 12.11.17 Art & Design Issue: Spotlight on Minnie Muse’s Colby Mugrabi
- Culture 12.10.17 Art & Design Issue: To Do, Rose Wylie at Serpentine Galleries
- Culture 12.9.17 Art & Design Issue: Meet the Furniture Designer, Cam Crockford