Those mourning the Four Seasons in New York’s Seagram Building, mourn no more. Two new eateries have reopened in the iconic space: The soaring Grill, done up in chic midcentury style — complete with leather Knoll chairs and thick carpeting — and the Pool, which takes over the Four Seasons’ high-profile Pool Room. In keeping with the aquatic theme, the latter highlights all things seafood, from the food (calamari a la plancha and poached Hawaiian walu) to the decor (nautical clocks, vintage ship lights). If you’re in town, come by for a nightcap at the Pool Lounge overlooking the restaurant. Not in the city? Bring the experience home with these cocktail recipes, straight from its bartenders.
2 oz Caña Brava rum
1 oz fresh watermelon juice (fine strained)
3/4 oz Fresh Lime Juice
3/4 oz sugar Cane Syrup
2 fresh shiso leaves (1 in shaker, 1 for garnish)
Build ingredients in shaker and shake with ice. Strain into a Collins glass with ice. Garnish with fresh shiso and watermelon.
1 1/2 oz cucumber-infused absinthe
1 oz lime juice
3/4 oz cane syrup
3 baby cucumber wheels (round slices)
Muddle cucumber wheels in a shaker. Then add absinthe, lime juice and cane syrup and shake well with ice. Strain into a coupe glass with thinly sliced baby cucumbers and a small amount of crushed Ice
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 6.18.18 Landscape Designer Fernando Wong On: Summer Garden Tips
- Entertaining 6.13.18 Wine Director Helen Johannesen On: Summer Wine 101
- Entertaining 5.29.18 Spotlight On: Ice Cream Season Is Here!
- Entertaining 5.25.18 Editors’ Tip: Top 10 Hostess Gifts
- Entertaining 5.24.18 Recipe: Wölffer Estate’s Pink Siren Cocktail