High-brow and low-brow theater-lovers have found common ground. Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the unapologetically irreverent duo behind South Park, have created The Book of Mormon, which critics are calling the best musical of the century (granted, the century is only a decade old, but still…). Eugene O’Neill, the famed playwright and Nobel Laureate whose namesake theater is hosting The Book of Mormon, is probably rolling over in his grave — because even he wouldn’t be able to get tickets to this.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Mother’s Day Entrepreneurs: Baby2Baby’s Kelly Sawyer Patricof & Norah Weinstein Sun, May 3, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Photographer & DJ Brooke Williams on Raising a Future Jedi Master Sat, May 2, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Editors’ Wish List, The Book Edition Sat, May 2, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Tastemakers on Mom’s Best Advice Fri, May 1, 2015
- Culture Did You Know? The New Whitney Museum Thu, Apr 30, 2015