High-brow and low-brow theater-lovers have found common ground. Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the unapologetically irreverent duo behind South Park, have created The Book of Mormon, which critics are calling the best musical of the century (granted, the century is only a decade old, but still…). Eugene O’Neill, the famed playwright and Nobel Laureate whose namesake theater is hosting The Book of Mormon, is probably rolling over in his grave — because even he wouldn’t be able to get tickets to this.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: Richard Diebenkorn Thu, May 21, 2015
- Culture To See: Niki de Saint Phalle at Guggenheim Bilbao Mon, May 18, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Cannes 2015 Sat, May 16, 2015
- Culture Insider’s Guide: Bettina Prentice’s Frieze NY Thu, May 14, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Teresita Fernández’s Madison Square Park Takeover Mon, May 11, 2015