High-brow and low-brow theater-lovers have found common ground. Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the unapologetically irreverent duo behind South Park, have created The Book of Mormon, which critics are calling the best musical of the century (granted, the century is only a decade old, but still…). Eugene O’Neill, the famed playwright and Nobel Laureate whose namesake theater is hosting The Book of Mormon, is probably rolling over in his grave — because even he wouldn’t be able to get tickets to this.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: What I Love About Movies Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Culture To Do: Larry David’s Fish In the Dark Fri, Feb 6, 2015
- Culture To Do: Vik Muniz at Ben Brown Fine Arts in Hong Kong Mon, Feb 2, 2015
- Culture To Read: Nick Hornby’s Funny Girl Sat, Jan 31, 2015