High-brow and low-brow theater-lovers have found common ground. Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the unapologetically irreverent duo behind South Park, have created The Book of Mormon, which critics are calling the best musical of the century (granted, the century is only a decade old, but still…). Eugene O’Neill, the famed playwright and Nobel Laureate whose namesake theater is hosting The Book of Mormon, is probably rolling over in his grave — because even he wouldn’t be able to get tickets to this.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Book of the Week: Linda Rottenberg’s Crazy is a Compliment Sun, Sep 21, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: Keith Richards’ Gus & Me Wed, Sep 17, 2014
- Culture To Do: Peter Lindbergh at Gagosian Gallery Sun, Sep 14, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: Claiborne Swanson Frank’s Young Hollywood Mon, Sep 1, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Nancy Meyers’ The Intern Sun, Aug 24, 2014