Every Memorial Day, New Yorkers begin their traditional summer weekend migration pattern — to Montauk, Southampton and other chic points on the eastern tip of Long Island. A perfect hostess gift or coffee table read would be Hamptons Gardens. From minimalist landscapes in Amagansett to the lush greenery of the famed Grey Gardens, above, the gardens will inspire you long after you’ve disembarked the Jitney.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.7.17 Art & Design Issue: Spotlight on Faena District
- Culture 12.7.17 Art & Design Issue: Jewelry Designer Susan Alexandra’s Top 5 Art Inspirations
- Culture 12.7.17 Art & Design Issue: To Read, Schiaparelli and the Artists
- Culture 12.4.17 Art & Design Issue: Meet Gallerist Nino Mier
- Culture 12.3.17 Art & Design Issue: In the Words of David Hockney