Every Memorial Day, New Yorkers begin their traditional summer weekend migration pattern — to Montauk, Southampton and other chic points on the eastern tip of Long Island. A perfect hostess gift or coffee table read would be Hamptons Gardens. From minimalist landscapes in Amagansett to the lush greenery of the famed Grey Gardens, above, the gardens will inspire you long after you’ve disembarked the Jitney.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 11.12.18 Spotlight On: Illustrator Maddie Edgar
- Culture 11.7.18 Spotlight On: Grand Central Terminal’s Celestial Ceiling
- Culture 11.5.18 Yana Peel and Caroline Issa On: The Art World
- Culture 10.28.18 Fall Getaway: Illustrator Isabelle Feliu
- Culture 10.19.18 To Visit: Magazzino Italian Art Foundation