Every Memorial Day, New Yorkers begin their traditional summer weekend migration pattern — to Montauk, Southampton and other chic points on the eastern tip of Long Island. A perfect hostess gift or coffee table read would be Hamptons Gardens. From minimalist landscapes in Amagansett to the lush greenery of the famed Grey Gardens, above, the gardens will inspire you long after you’ve disembarked the Jitney.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 5.19.18 To See: Göran Hugo Olsson’s That Summer
- Culture 5.18.18 Just One Thing: Polaroids
- Culture 5.16.18 To Do: Wayne Thiebaud at The Morgan Library & Museum
- Culture 5.6.18 Mother’s Day: Editor Sarah Harrelson on Advice to Working Mothers
- Culture 5.2.18 Mother’s Day: Jessica Kerwin Jenkins on Raising Mermaids in Maine