If you can’t make it to a sun-soaked tropical destination, then bring a bit of paradise to you. Here, the bartenders at Hotel Esencia, the breathtaking beach resort on the Mexican coast of Tulum, share the recipe to their signature cocktail.
1.5 oz. Tequila Casa Dragones Blanco
3/4 oz. Cointreau
2 oz. fresh grapefruit juice
5 grams ginger, chopped
1/2 oz. simple syrup
In a cocktail shaker muddle simple syrup with a small rosemary twig and the chopped ginger. Add Tequila Casa Dragones Blanco, Cointreau, fresh grapefruit juice and some ice cubes. Shake well. Double strain, serve on the rocks in a salt-rimmed Old Fashioned glass and garnish with a rosemary twig and a flamed grapefruit peel.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Culture 3.1.18 Spring 2018: Spotlight on Artist Luke Edward Hall
- Entertaining 2.24.18 Spring 2018: Top 5 Cinematic Interiors
- Entertaining 2.23.18 Spring 2018: David Hicks 101
- Entertaining 2.18.18 Spring 2018: Most Wanted, the Lettuce Ware Collection
- Entertaining 2.14.18 Spring 2018: In the Words of David Hicks