The mercury is rising, flowers are blooming, friends are gathering around… Here, Nashville interior designer Sarah Bartholomew shares her expert guide to the perfect spring table setting. And not only did she design a sample tabletop for us (above, left) and break down the decor to eight easy-to-recreate-at-home tips, but she also put together a mood board (below) to help spark your inspiration.
1. Think of creating a tabletop like designing a room or making a piece of art combining color, pattern and texture.
2. Bright, happy hues of pink, green, turquoise and yellow — there’s no better way to create a spring mood than cheerful color!
3. The tablecloth sets the tone: This small-scale hand-block print is pretty and charming and gives a sense of occasion.
4. Mix fine and casual, old and new. Here, delicate formal antique porcelain and classic Majolica pair with bamboo flatware and wicker chargers for a personal twist.
6. White-on-white Julia B scalloped linens offer a dainty formality.
7. Thin-lipped Tory Burch hand-painted Spring Meadow glassware add a fresh, artful feel.
8. I love my Juliska bamboo flatware and woven rattan chargers for a dose of natural texture to ground the colorful composition.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 10.17.18 Just One Thing: Fresh Flowers
- Entertaining 10.16.18 Tory On: Fall Entertaining at Home
- Entertaining 10.15.18 To Visit: The Hoxton, Brooklyn
- Entertaining 10.13.18 Happy Times: Meet Artist Vladimir Kanevsky
- Entertaining 10.11.18 To Read: Interior Designer Paloma Contreras’s Dream Design Live