Forty years since the beginning of the modern women’s rights movement, the numbers associated with women’s parity with men in the workplace are still appallingly low. Only four percent of CEOs in Fortune 500 companies are women and, similarly, women hold less than 20 percent of board seats. In government, the numbers are no different. Women make up only 17 percent of Congress and only five percent of the countries in the world have elected a woman as a head of state.
We can change this.
Take a digital pledge to #EmbraceAmbition, challenge friends to do the same and share your ambitions on social media. You won’t be alone. Check out the video above, featuring leaders from a diverse range of industries — business, philanthropy, sports, fashion and entertainment — for others who have pledged to do the same.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 11.15.17 Meet the photographer: André Vicente Gonçalves
- Culture 11.7.17 Entrepreneur Issue: TheSkimm Founders Share Their Best Business Advice
- Culture 11.6.17 To Do: Toyin Ojih Odutola at the Whitney
- Culture 11.5.17 Entrepreneur Issue: To Read, George Lois’ Damn Good Advice
- Culture 11.4.17 Entrepreneur Issue: Illustrator Adriana Picker on Creativity & Staying Motivated