Forty years since the beginning of the modern women’s rights movement, the numbers associated with women’s parity with men in the workplace are still appallingly low. Only four percent of CEOs in Fortune 500 companies are women and, similarly, women hold less than 20 percent of board seats. In government, the numbers are no different. Women make up only 17 percent of Congress and only five percent of the countries in the world have elected a woman as a head of state.
We can change this.
Take a digital pledge to #EmbraceAmbition, challenge friends to do the same and share your ambitions on social media. You won’t be alone. Check out the video above, featuring leaders from a diverse range of industries — business, philanthropy, sports, fashion and entertainment — for others who have pledged to do the same.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.12.18 To Visit: Miró Exhibit, Grand Palais
- Culture 12.6.18 To Read: The Wes Anderson Collection
- Culture 11.26.18 To Visit: Andy Warhol at The Whitney Museum of American Art
- Culture 11.12.18 Spotlight On: Illustrator Maddie Edgar
- Culture 11.7.18 Spotlight On: Grand Central Terminal’s Celestial Ceiling