Rooted in the courtship of her parents, whom Tory describes as “the most romantic couple I have ever known,” Tory Burch’s newest fragrance, Love Relentlessly, is an ode to a wonderful love affair. Learn more about Buddy and Reva, in this excerpt from Tory Burch In Color written by Tory.
“I can’t think of a more romantic — or glamorous — couple than my parents, Buddy and Reva. Before they met each other, they had each had colorful love lives (Mom dated Steve McQueen; Dad stepped out once or twice with Grace Kelly). But when they met, they had instant chemistry — and they were everything to each other for the next 50 years.
“In 1961, they jumped in my father’s convertible BMW and eloped to Old Sturbridge Village, Massachusetts. They spent their honeymoon with champagne and sandwiches in a small New England hotel. They were never apart afterward.
“They traveled — every summer, for six weeks, taking a big steamer ship to Italy, France, Greece and Morocco. They celebrated an official honeymoon at La Mamounia in Marrakech, and kept going back every few years. And every single day they were, in my mother’s words, ‘mad for each other.'” — Tory
More to explore in Beauty
- Beauty 1.2.18 Getaway Issue: Beauty Entrepreneur Celia Forner’s Guide to Majorca
- Beauty 11.25.17 Small Business Saturday: Meet the Entrepreneur, Bed of Nails’ Candice Idehen
- Beauty 9.8.17 Spring/Summer 2018: Backstage Beauty & Hair
- Beauty 7.9.17 Spotlight On: Bel Azur
- Beauty 7.8.17 Tory On: Bel Azur