For some serious eye candy, head to “Set in Style: The Jewelry of Van Cleef & Arpels,” an exhibition of more than 350 jewels, objects and timepieces, opening Friday at the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum. The legendary design house, which opened on Place Vendôme in Paris in 1906, is one of the world’s most innovative and influential jewelers. Don’t miss the 1937 “Peony” brooch; its mystery setting, a Van Cleef hallmark, is one of the house’s major contributions to jewelry design.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: What I Love About Movies Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Culture To Do: Larry David’s Fish In the Dark Fri, Feb 6, 2015
- Culture To Do: Vik Muniz at Ben Brown Fine Arts in Hong Kong Mon, Feb 2, 2015
- Culture To Read: Nick Hornby’s Funny Girl Sat, Jan 31, 2015