For an unadulterated perspective of the fashion industry, pick up a vintage copy of Chic Savages, written by the legendary WWD and W publisher John Fairchild. Packed with witty and acerbic anecdotes of Fairchild’s days covering designers on-the-rise like Yves Saint Laurent, Bill Blass and Calvin Klein and the stylish ladies who loved them—Nancy Reagan, Nan Kempner and the like—it’s as fun a fashion read now as it was in 1989.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.14.17 Holiday Issue: We ♥ Holiday Movies
- Culture 12.13.17 What’s Your Sign? Capricorn
- Culture 12.11.17 Art & Design Issue: Spotlight on Minnie Muse’s Colby Mugrabi
- Culture 12.10.17 Art & Design Issue: To Do, Rose Wylie at Serpentine Galleries
- Culture 12.9.17 Art & Design Issue: Meet the Furniture Designer, Cam Crockford