For an unadulterated perspective of the fashion industry, pick up a vintage copy of Chic Savages, written by the legendary WWD and W publisher John Fairchild. Packed with witty and acerbic anecdotes of Fairchild’s days covering designers on-the-rise like Yves Saint Laurent, Bill Blass and Calvin Klein and the stylish ladies who loved them—Nancy Reagan, Nan Kempner and the like—it’s as fun a fashion read now as it was in 1989.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: TBF & Women Rule Sat, Dec 7, 2013
- Culture Tastemakers: The de Purys on Art Basel & Gifts for the Art Lover Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Quote of the Day: Nelson Mandela Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Book of the Week: Jane & Serge. A Family Album Thu, Dec 5, 2013
- Culture Word of Mouth: A Generation Born Free Mon, Nov 25, 2013