For an unadulterated perspective of the fashion industry, pick up a vintage copy of Chic Savages, written by the legendary WWD and W publisher John Fairchild. Packed with witty and acerbic anecdotes of Fairchild’s days covering designers on-the-rise like Yves Saint Laurent, Bill Blass and Calvin Klein and the stylish ladies who loved them—Nancy Reagan, Nan Kempner and the like—it’s as fun a fashion read now as it was in 1989.
More to explore in Culture
- Beauty 3.19.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Tenoverten Entrepreneurs Nadine Abramcyk & Adair Ilyinsky
- Culture 3.18.18 #EmbraceAmbition: To Read, Bygone Badass Broads
- Culture 3.15.18 #EmbraceAmbition: FounderMade’s Meghan Asha on Top Entrepreneur Tips
- Culture 3.14.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Introducing New York’s City of Women
- Culture 3.13.18 #EmbraceAmbition: To Read, Meg Wolitzer’s The Female Persuasion