In honor of the Year of the Hare, which begins with today’s new moon, we’re pulling out Arto Paasilinna’s Year of the Hare, originally published in 1975. This story about a man who reevaluates his place in the world, especially nature, still resonates. The Year of the Hare, meanwhile, is often a time of peace and calm—sounds good to us.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.14.17 Holiday Issue: We ♥ Holiday Movies
- Culture 12.13.17 What’s Your Sign? Capricorn
- Culture 12.11.17 Art & Design Issue: Spotlight on Minnie Muse’s Colby Mugrabi
- Culture 12.10.17 Art & Design Issue: To Do, Rose Wylie at Serpentine Galleries
- Culture 12.9.17 Art & Design Issue: Meet the Furniture Designer, Cam Crockford