In honor of the Year of the Hare, which begins with today’s new moon, we’re pulling out Arto Paasilinna’s Year of the Hare, originally published in 1975. This story about a man who reevaluates his place in the world, especially nature, still resonates. The Year of the Hare, meanwhile, is often a time of peace and calm—sounds good to us.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.22.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Jazmin Grace Grimaldi & Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles
- Culture 3.18.18 #EmbraceAmbition: To Read, Bygone Badass Broads
- Culture 3.14.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Introducing New York’s City of Women
- Culture 3.13.18 #EmbraceAmbition: To Read, Meg Wolitzer’s The Female Persuasion
- Culture 3.12.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Model Varsha Thapa on Giving Back & Positive Thinking