Anyone as fascinated with Holden Caulfield and his creator as we are should pick up the new biography J. D. Salinger: A Life by historian/fan Kenneth Slawenski. Slawenski goes deep into what made Salinger one of literature’s most beloved and elusive figures, from his coddled Park Avenue childhood to storming Normandy Beach on D-Day to his reclusive later life.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.14.17 Holiday Issue: We ♥ Holiday Movies
- Culture 12.13.17 What’s Your Sign? Capricorn
- Culture 12.11.17 Art & Design Issue: Spotlight on Minnie Muse’s Colby Mugrabi
- Culture 12.10.17 Art & Design Issue: To Do, Rose Wylie at Serpentine Galleries
- Culture 12.9.17 Art & Design Issue: Meet the Furniture Designer, Cam Crockford