Anyone as fascinated with Holden Caulfield and his creator as we are should pick up the new biography J. D. Salinger: A Life by historian/fan Kenneth Slawenski. Slawenski goes deep into what made Salinger one of literature’s most beloved and elusive figures, from his coddled Park Avenue childhood to storming Normandy Beach on D-Day to his reclusive later life.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.15.18 #EmbraceAmbition: FounderMade’s Meghan Asha on Top Entrepreneur Tips
- Culture 3.14.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Introducing New York’s City of Women
- Culture 3.13.18 #EmbraceAmbition: To Read, Meg Wolitzer’s The Female Persuasion
- Culture 3.12.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Model Varsha Thapa on Giving Back & Positive Thinking
- Culture 3.9.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Elaine Welteroth on Perfection (Just Say No)