Anyone as fascinated with Holden Caulfield and his creator as we are should pick up the new biography J. D. Salinger: A Life by historian/fan Kenneth Slawenski. Slawenski goes deep into what made Salinger one of literature’s most beloved and elusive figures, from his coddled Park Avenue childhood to storming Normandy Beach on D-Day to his reclusive later life.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 11.12.18 Spotlight On: Illustrator Maddie Edgar
- Culture 11.7.18 Spotlight On: Grand Central Terminal’s Celestial Ceiling
- Culture 11.5.18 Yana Peel and Caroline Issa On: The Art World
- Culture 10.28.18 Fall Getaway: Illustrator Isabelle Feliu
- Culture 10.19.18 To Visit: Magazzino Italian Art Foundation