Anyone as fascinated with Holden Caulfield and his creator as we are should pick up the new biography J. D. Salinger: A Life by historian/fan Kenneth Slawenski. Slawenski goes deep into what made Salinger one of literature’s most beloved and elusive figures, from his coddled Park Avenue childhood to storming Normandy Beach on D-Day to his reclusive later life.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Dr. Sam On: The Psychology of Time Management Sun, Mar 9, 2014
- Style 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Fiona Kotur Thu, Mar 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Alex Katz at Thaddaeus Ropac Sun, Mar 2, 2014
- Culture Entrepreneur: Out of Order’s Dorian Grinspan Sat, Mar 1, 2014
- Culture Survival Guide: Tracy Brennan’s Oscar Weekend Fri, Feb 28, 2014