We’re calling it now—2011 is the year of Natalie Portman. Everyone is betting the Best Actress Oscar is hers to lose with her beautifully disturbed performance in the creepy-good Black Swan. Then there was her double happiness announcement that she’s engaged and pregnant…just around the same time previews for No Strings Attached, with Ashton Kutcher, and Thor started playing and posters went up for The Other Woman (for which she’s earning early accolades). Wait a few more months and you’ll see her again in Your Highness and Hesher, but not before there’s a mountain of speculation over which designer she’ll pick to wear to the Academy Awards.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: TBF & Women Rule Sat, Dec 7, 2013
- Culture Tastemakers: The de Purys on Art Basel & Gifts for the Art Lover Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Quote of the Day: Nelson Mandela Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Book of the Week: Jane & Serge. A Family Album Thu, Dec 5, 2013
- Culture Word of Mouth: A Generation Born Free Mon, Nov 25, 2013