Why we love it:A red lip is shorthand for glamour and confidence — and it’s especially appropriate during the holidays.
Beauty tip: Even rouge novices can dabble. If you’re new to red, try a gloss. It’s sheer, non-committal and easy to pull off. If you’re more experienced, try a lip stain — it looks modern and will last you from a party’s start to finish. If you want to go bold, opt for a vibrant red in matte, the finish of the season.
More to explore in Beauty
- Beauty Holiday Issue: Violet Grey’s Christina Han on Holiday Beauty Fri, Dec 19, 2014
- Beauty Color Issue: Alexander Vreeland on His Grandmother, Diana Tue, Nov 11, 2014
- Beauty Color Issue: Makeup Artist Mai Quynh’s Beauty Tips Fri, Nov 7, 2014
- Beauty Expert Guide: Alexandra Wilkis Wilson’s Beauty Tips Mon, Oct 13, 2014
- Beauty Spring 2015: Backstage Beauty & Hair Fri, Sep 12, 2014