Why we love it:A red lip is shorthand for glamour and confidence — and it’s especially appropriate during the holidays.
Beauty tip: Even rouge novices can dabble. If you’re new to red, try a gloss. It’s sheer, non-committal and easy to pull off. If you’re more experienced, try a lip stain — it looks modern and will last you from a party’s start to finish. If you want to go bold, opt for a vibrant red in matte, the finish of the season.
More to explore in Beauty
- Beauty Spring/Summer 2017: Backstage Hair Wed, Sep 14, 2016
- Beauty Spring/Summer 2017: Backstage Beauty Wed, Sep 14, 2016
- Beauty Expert Guide: Drs. Elizabeth K. Hale & Julie K. Karen on Skincare 101 Tue, May 10, 2016
- Beauty Spotlight On: Beauty Editor Napassorn “Momay” Buranasiri Thu, Mar 10, 2016
- Beauty Fall/Winter 2016: Backstage Beauty & Hair Wed, Feb 17, 2016