Why we love it:A red lip is shorthand for glamour and confidence — and it’s especially appropriate during the holidays.
Beauty tip: Even rouge novices can dabble. If you’re new to red, try a gloss. It’s sheer, non-committal and easy to pull off. If you’re more experienced, try a lip stain — it looks modern and will last you from a party’s start to finish. If you want to go bold, opt for a vibrant red in matte, the finish of the season.
More to explore in Beauty
- Beauty Rachel Antonoff On: Scents & Silliness Fri, Jul 11, 2014
- Beauty Beauty Spotlight: Linda Wells Sat, May 31, 2014
- Beauty Model Talk: Alexandra Martynova on Beauty Fri, May 2, 2014
- Beauty Book of the Week: Andrea Robinson’s Toss the Gloss Tue, Apr 15, 2014
- Beauty Model Talk: Ieva Laguna on Beauty Sun, Apr 6, 2014