Why we love it:A red lip is shorthand for glamour and confidence — and it’s especially appropriate during the holidays.
Beauty tip: Even rouge novices can dabble. If you’re new to red, try a gloss. It’s sheer, non-committal and easy to pull off. If you’re more experienced, try a lip stain — it looks modern and will last you from a party’s start to finish. If you want to go bold, opt for a vibrant red in matte, the finish of the season.
More to explore in Beauty
- Beauty Video: 12 Distinctive Shades Tue, Mar 4, 2014
- Beauty Behind the Names: The Lip Colors Tue, Mar 4, 2014
- Beauty Fall 2014: Backstage Beauty & Hair Tue, Feb 11, 2014
- Beauty Sea’s Monica Paolini On: Beauty & Fashion Week Rituals Mon, Feb 3, 2014
- Beauty Beauty Spotlight: InStyle’s Amy Synnott Fri, Jan 24, 2014