Calling all hosts and hostesses… Double as your own party mixologist with Cocktail Courier, a subscription service that delivers cocktails — from renowned bartenders around the world — straight to your home. Here, a recipe from Chicago’s own Liz Pearce, beverage director and GM of The Drifter. “This daiquiri packs a zesty punch, with bright citrus to wake up your palate,” says Pearce. “Perfect for crushing on the patio, or pretending you’re on vacation.”
1 1/2 oz Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
1/2 oz Combier Pamplemousse Liqueur
1 oz fresh lime juice
1/2 oz jalapeño simple syrup
2 dashes Bitter Truth Celery Bitters
Chill coupe glass in a refrigerator or freezer. Measure and add all ingredients, not including garnish, to cobbler shaker. Fill shaker with ice, place top of cobbler shaker back on the shaker, and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Remove coupe glass from refrigerator or freezer. Strain shaken cocktail into the glass.
For garnish, add 2 dashes of celery bitters to the top of drink. If using a knife, cut a quarter-sized twist from a lime and squeeze between thumb and forefinger downwards over the drink, so that the oils in the outside of the skin express onto the drink. (If using a potato peeler, you may use it to cut a long, wide swath of peel from the lime and express it the same way, before placing it in the drink.)
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 12.8.17 Art & Design Issue: Cherry Bombe’s Cocktail Trio
- Entertaining 11.25.17 Small Business Saturday: Meet the Entrepreneur, Pop Karma’s Jean Tsai
- Entertaining 11.24.17 Spotlight On: Interiors Inspiration from Great Women of the 20th Century
- Entertaining 11.22.17 Happy Thanksgiving!
- Entertaining 11.21.17 Tory Entertains: Thanksgiving Table Tips