- © A Taste of Greece – Recipes, Cuisine & Culture by HRH Princess Tatiana & Diana Farr Louis, published by teNeues, www.teneues.com, www.boroume.gr, www.tatianablatnik.com My Paxos Salad, Recipe HRH Princess Tatiana, Photo © Antonios Mitsopoulos. All rights reserved.
- © A Taste of Greece – Recipes, Cuisine & Culture by HRH Princess Tatiana & Diana Farr Louis, published by teNeues, www.teneues.com, www.boroume.gr, www.tatianablatnik.com
In search of a bright summery lunch to go with all those idle days in the sun? Then check out the recipes in A Taste of Greece: Recipes, Cuisine & Culture (teNeues), which features over 30 tastemakers — from Margaret Atwood to Arianna Huffington — and their favorite local recipes. Here, the recipe to a Greek Paxos salad, courtesy of HRH Princess Tatiana, also the book’s co-author, who shares why this dish is so special.
10 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
Zest of 12 lemon
1/2 tsp honey
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 oz baby argula (4 c)
8 oz halloumi cheese, sliced, grilled and cut into thin strips
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 12 oz total), trimmed, grilled and cup into thin strips
12 thin slices noumboulo or prosciutto
4 to 5 fresh figs, quartered
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
Combine the oil, vinegar, lemon zest and honey in a jam jar with a pinch of salt and pepper, cover and shake well. Spread the arugula in a salad bowl or platter and arrange the remaining salad ingredients on top of it. Drizzle the dressing on top and serve at once.
Read more features from the Beach Bohemia Issue.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 12.8.17 Art & Design Issue: Cherry Bombe’s Cocktail Trio
- Entertaining 11.25.17 Small Business Saturday: Meet the Entrepreneur, Pop Karma’s Jean Tsai
- Entertaining 11.24.17 Spotlight On: Interiors Inspiration from Great Women of the 20th Century
- Entertaining 11.22.17 Happy Thanksgiving!
- Entertaining 11.21.17 Tory Entertains: Thanksgiving Table Tips