For art lovers, the first week of December means one thing: Art Basel. From December 2 to 5, art world heavies and celebrities converge on Miami Beach for a glamorous swirl of art, parties and serious holiday shopping (for art, that is). Among this year’s must-sees are Jennifer Rubell’s Goldilocks-inspired brunch installation “Just Right” where viewers dine on one of thousands of bowls of porridge; Wynwood Walls’ murals by artists like Ryan McGinness; and “The Island,” a Biscayne Bay islet accessed by motorboat and featuring 15 contemporary artists.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 11.12.18 Spotlight On: Illustrator Maddie Edgar
- Culture 11.7.18 Spotlight On: Grand Central Terminal’s Celestial Ceiling
- Culture 11.5.18 Yana Peel and Caroline Issa On: The Art World
- Culture 10.28.18 Fall Getaway: Illustrator Isabelle Feliu
- Culture 10.19.18 To Visit: Magazzino Italian Art Foundation