For decades, the stylish world has been fascinated by Gloria Vanderbilt—muse, designer and author (sometimes racily so). These days, Vanderbilt is usually found at her easel, creating Impressionistic paintings, lithographs, collages and “dream boxes.” Turns out, her style is as colorful as her life, both of which you can glimpse in her new book The World of Gloria Vanderbilt, with a foreward by her famous silver-haired son Anderson Cooper. Even her apartment is treated like a canvas—walls are pink one day, green the next.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.12.18 To Visit: Miró Exhibit, Grand Palais
- Culture 12.6.18 To Read: The Wes Anderson Collection
- Culture 11.26.18 To Visit: Andy Warhol at The Whitney Museum of American Art
- Culture 11.12.18 Spotlight On: Illustrator Maddie Edgar
- Culture 11.7.18 Spotlight On: Grand Central Terminal’s Celestial Ceiling