Today, the trio behind Experimental Cocktail Club have taken over the helm, but left pretty much everything intact, from its plush boudoir-style vibe to its Art Nouveau chandelier, Bernard Buffet paintings and signature fern-patterned carpeting. There’s a nod to its origin on the cocktail menu, too. The Bel de Nuit, made with cachaça, vermouth and lemon juice, is named after a 2007 biography on Nanty himself.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 8.7.18 In Memoriam: Dodie Thayer
- Entertaining 8.6.18 Recipes: Legacy Records’ Cocktail Trio
- Entertaining 7.27.18 Book Issue: Author Victoria Johnson on America’s Botanical Pioneer
- Entertaining 7.10.18 Editor-In-Chief Sarah Bray On: Must-Visit Gardens in the Hamptons
- Entertaining 7.9.18 Ice Cream Spotlight On: Milkmade