Turkey porchetta, celery root and chestnut soup, pumpkin ice cream… Here’s a glimpse at what’s on the menu at Tory’s this Thanksgiving. Plus, get the recipe for the starter dish, from Chef Adam Ben’Ous, below.
Kale, Roasted Grapes & Delicata Squash Salad
1 bunch lacinato kale, removed from stem and torn into bite-size pieces
2 small delicate squash, split length-wise, seeds and guts removed
1 c red seedless grapes, removed from vine and coated with olive oil
1 bunch thyme
1/2 c grated pecorino
1/2 c toasted pumpkin seeds
For the vinaigrette
1 small shallot, diced small
1 tsp grated garlic
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Take each half of the delicata squash and portion into half-inch half-moon shapes, cutting the wide way. Bring a sauté pan, with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, to a medium heat. Roast the squash until browned, around 1 minute on each side. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Place the grapes, coated in olive oil, in a baking sheet with the thyme. Roast in the oven at 400° for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Combine the kale, delicata squash, roasted grapes, pecorino and toasted pumpkin seeds in a bowl. Toss and set aside.
To make the vinaigrette, add the diced shallot and garlic to a mixing bowl. Pour over the apple-cider vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the Dijon mustard and whisk in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine vinaigrette and bowl of ingredients, toss together and enjoy. Serves 4.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 12.15.17 Holiday Issue: Annabelle Moehlmann’s Wish List & Yuletide Decor
- Entertaining 12.8.17 Art & Design Issue: Cherry Bombe’s Cocktail Trio
- Entertaining 11.25.17 Small Business Saturday: Meet the Entrepreneur, Pop Karma’s Jean Tsai
- Entertaining 11.24.17 Spotlight On: Interiors Inspiration from Great Women of the 20th Century
- Entertaining 11.22.17 Happy Thanksgiving!