A fresh and healthy chicken dish, courtesy of Chef Adam Ben’Ous
2 whole chicken breasts, deboned but with skin on
4 medium cucumbers, seeded, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 c Greek yogurt
3/4 c chopped dill
3/4 c chopped cilantro
5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp jalapeño zest
3 tbsp olive oil
2 c rice vinegar
Salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine the rice vinegar and cucumbers and marinate for 30 mins. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and, once at room temperature, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken on a medium grill or pan and cook skin side down for 8 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 3 minutes. Once finished, season with salt and pepper and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
Make the yogurt sauce by combining the Greek yogurt, dill, cilantro, lemon juice, lemon zest and jalapeño zest to a bowl. Slowly pour in 3 tbsp of olive oil and simultaneously mix with a fork.
Take the yogurt sauce and place in the center of the plate. Using the back of a large spoon spread the sauce, in a circular motion, on the plate. Pat the marinated cucumbers dry and season with salt and pepper. Place the cucumbers on top of the yogurt sauce, saving a few pieces for garnish. Top the chicken on the cucumbers and garnish with the remaining cucumbers.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 1.12.18 Tory Entertains: An Intimate Dinner at the Bar
- Entertaining 12.22.17 Holiday Issue: The Dramatic (But Simple) Arrangement
- Entertaining 12.22.17 Holiday Issue: Alexandra Macon on Holiday Parties & Winter Weddings
- Entertaining 12.21.17 Holiday Issue: Insta-Inspiration
- Entertaining 12.19.17 Holiday Issue: Jessica Seinfeld on Holiday Eats