“As a person who has made my way in the world by virtue of obsessive reading of liner notes, it should come as no surprise that I am an avid reader of books about the biz. Here are five of my favorites that will help you pass a sunny summer day at the beach. Reading these books will inspire you to fill your iTunes, I promise.”
— Randall Poster
- Sweet Soul Music: Rhythm and Blues and the Southern Dream of Freedom
by Peter Guarlnick
- Just Kids by Patti Smith
- The Last Sultan: The Life and Times of Ahmet Ertegun by Robert Greenfield
- Waiting for the Sun: A Rock & Roll History of Los Angeles by Barney Hoskyns
- Deal: My Three Decades of Drumming, Dreams, and Drugs with the Grateful
Dead by Bill Kreutzmann with Benjy Eisen
More to read…
More to explore in Music
- Music 11.4.17 Entrepreneur Issue: Strong & Stronger Playlist
- Music 10.14.17 Meet the Band: Miss Velvet & the Blue Wolf
- Music 10.6.17 Tory’s Playlist: Did Someone Say Cocktails?
- Music 8.31.17 Music Issue: To Read, What Is Hip-Hop?
- Music 8.30.17 Music Issue: Singer-Songwriter Mafalda’s Guide to New York City